Re: integer out of range errors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: integer out of range errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6@bcbsm.com> writes:
> When I do a pg_dump, I get the following:

> getTables(): SELECT (for PRIMARY KEY) failed on table t_prof_er_full_detail.
> Explanation from backend: ERROR:  dtoi4: integer out of range

How long has your installation been running?  I'm guessing that this is
a problem with OIDs > 2 billion (causing signed vs unsigned problems),
but that doesn't hold water unless you've been running long enough to
have such OIDs.

> I've read around and a few articles in the google newsgroup says to
> get pg_dump 7.2 (which suppose to dump for PostgreSQL 7.1 as well)

That'd be my recommendation too: get 7.2, build it, use the pg_dump
from it to dump everything, then install 7.2 and reload the dump.

> b) how does this effect other things like pgAdmin II

Anything that's careless about whether OIDs are signed or unsigned
will have problems.  We've flushed most such bugs out of pg_dump by
now, but I dunno about pgadmin.