Re: GUID for postgreSQL

От Edwin Hernán Barrios Núñez
Тема Re: GUID for postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Riaan.!

i think that is a better  solution, to use  the postgres native type
"serial", that  it is  a autoincremental number type. You can see it
on the postgres manual. It's very usefull because of you only need to
redifine the type of your id vars. For example, on this moment you
have

 CREATE TABLE test ( name varchar(50), id int );

 insert into test values ('prueba',newid);

On postgres you can resplace thoses

 CREATE TABLE test ( name varchar(50), id serial primary key);

 insert into test values ('prueba');

Serial type create automatically a sequence asocited to id. and always
you insert something  using its default value, the serial id
autoincrements its value.

thanks , i have not a  good english but i try to help !

Atte:
Edwin Barrios !
Gerente iBand Networks Ltda