Re: Removing PD_ALL_VISIBLE

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Removing PD_ALL_VISIBLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2013-01-17 at 19:58 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Presumably we remember the state of the VM so we can skip the re-visit
> after every write?

That was not a part of my patch, although I remember that you mentioned
that previously and I thought it could be a good way to mitigate a
problem if it ever came up.

However, the tests I did didn't show any problem there. The tests were
somewhat noisy, so perhaps I was doing something wrong, but it didn't
appear that looking at the VM page for every update was a bottleneck.

Regards,Jeff Davis