pgadmin connection via tunnel and ubuntu user instead of postgres

От pasilveira
Тема pgadmin connection via tunnel and ubuntu user instead of postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm forced to log into a server via SSH and the ubuntu user via ssh keys.
The ubuntu Postgres OS user has no password by default.  When I log in via
ssh, I log in via the ubuntu user, and then "sudo su - postgres" to then be
able to execute "psql" to enter into postgres.  This all works fine.

When I try to connect via PGAdmin3, I setup a tunnel forwarding a port to
the ubuntu servers postgres port and try to connect that way.  This fails
beause I'm connecting in via the ubuntu user and not the postgres user
directly.  I've even tried adding the sudo su - postgres to the "Remote
Command" options in putty under connection --> SSH and although it does turn
my user into the postgres OS user, pgadmin will still not connect via that
tunnel.

Any ideas on what my options are?

Thanks