Re: Error in DatabaseMetaData TableColumn lenght.dec

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error in DatabaseMetaData TableColumn lenght.dec
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> I've modified the cvs version of the driver to return numeric(1000,1000)
> which is the maximum precision and scale you are allowed to define.  A
> more complete solution is outside the realm of the JDBC driver.

That doesn't sound like a usable answer at all.  A client that believes
this result will think that the value cannot contain any digits to the
left of the decimal point --- which is certainly not so.

Does the JDBC spec allow you to return NULL for these entries?  That's
what we recently fixed the information_schema views to do for
unconstrained numeric columns.