pgAdmin3 NO INHERIT syntax error ?

От Thomas Joseph
Тема pgAdmin3 NO INHERIT syntax error ?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi All,

This is my first week with PostgreSQL and pgAdmin.
So, I am not even sure if this is an erroneous situation.

I am using Postgresql-9.2.2-1-windows.exe installer and the pgAdmin3 came with it.
To interact with PG,  I am entirely dependent on pgAdmin.
Thanks for making the life a lot easier with pgAdmin.

The SQLs below are just copy-n-paste from the pgAdmin SQL tab.

Created a table:

CREATE TABLE public.my_table
(
 primary_key serial NOT NULL,
  order_code character(8),
  order_date date,
  CONSTRAINT my_table_pkey PRIMARY KEY (primary_key)
)
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE public.my_table
  OWNER TO me;

Then created an inherited table:

CREATE TABLE public.my_table_new
(
   CONSTRAINT my_table_new PRIMARY KEY (primary_key_new)
INHERITS (my_table)
WITH (
  OIDS = FALSE
)
;
ALTER TABLE public.my_table_new
  OWNER TO me;

Now I wanted to to delete the inheritance:
For that, I chose the properties of the table, deleted the my_table entry that was under inherits tab,
the SQL tab shows the following:

ALTER TABLE my_table_newmy_table
  NO INHERIT;

I believe it should be,