Re: preserving statistics settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: preserving statistics settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway) writes:
> Shouldn't the effect of ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STATISTICS be
> recorded by pg_dump?

Probably.  I was dithering about whether that should be true/false/
controllable, and never got 'round to doing anything at all.  One
problem is that I didn't really want to enshrine the current default
value in a bunch of pg_dump scripts, in case we decide it's too small.
So we shouldn't dump SET STATISTICS commands always.

If there were a reliable way to tell whether the attstattarget value had
actually been set by the user, or was merely a default, it'd be easier
to determine what pg_dump should do.