Re: gistchoose vs. bloat

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: gistchoose vs. bloat
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 01:03 +0400, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>         I notice there's no documentation about the new reloption at
>         all?
>

> Thanks for notice! I've added small description to docs in the
> attached patch.

Here is an edited version of the documentation note. Please review to
see if you like my version.

Also, I fixed a compiler warning.

My tests showed a significant reduction in the size of a gist index with
many of the same penalty values. The run times showed mixed results,
however, and I didn't dig in much further because you've already done
significant testing.

Marking this one ready again.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis