Re: LEFT JOIN in pg_dumpall is a bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LEFT JOIN in pg_dumpall is a bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Is there a more robust way of reading the data into the script?

> Provided that 'cut' is portable, then this works for me:

My old copy of Horton's _Portable C Software_ says that cut(1) is a
SysV-ism adopted by POSIX.  At that time (1990) it wasn't portable,
and he recommended using awk or sed instead.

If you think depending on POSIX utilities is OK, then use cut.
I'd recommend sed, though.  The GNU coding standards for Makefiles
suggest not depending on programs outside this set:
    cat cmp cp diff echo egrep expr false grep install-info    ln ls mkdir mv pwd rm rmdir sed sleep sort tar test
touchtrue