Re: The tarball's README has bad install instructions

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: The tarball's README has bad install instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/10/2012 01:29:03 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 10.12.2012 21:19, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> > The top-level README in the source tarball says:
> >
> > ------------------<snip>---------------------------
> > See the file INSTALL for instructions on how to build and install
> > PostgreSQL.  That file also lists supported operating systems and
> > hardware platforms and contains information regarding any other
> > software packages that are required to build or run the PostgreSQL
> > system.  Changes between all PostgreSQL releases are recorded in
> the
> > file HISTORY.  Copyright and license information can be found in
> the
> > file COPYRIGHT.  A comprehensive documentation set is included in
> this
> > distribution; it can be read as described in the installation
> > instructions.
> > ------------------<snip>---------------------------
> >
> > There is no INSTALL file, and although there is documentation
> > it's scattered in a bunch of sgml files.
>
> Which tarball did you look at?

I made a tarball from head, but did not look at it. :-(

> Note that the INSTALL file is not present in the git repository, it's
> generated and included in the tarball. See README.git.

That's my problem, I had checked out from git.
Thanks and sorry to bother you.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."                -- Robert A. Heinlein