pg_basebackup questions

От hartrc
Тема pg_basebackup questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

PostgreSQL 9.1.6
Linux (SLES 11)

i have a pg_basebackup job that is executed within a script.
My command is:

/postgresql/v91/bin/pg_basebackup -h 127.0.0.1 -D
/postgresql/pg_backup/backupdir -Ft -Z 5

The result of this creates 2 files: base.tar and 16450.tar

I understand that 16450 is the oid of the additional tablespace i created
however this tablespace resides within the data directory so as far as i can
tell (and have tested) suggests this is a duplicate.
I did a test restore and was able to recover all tablespaces from the
base.tar without any issues - confirming my suspicion that 16450.tar is
essentially an uneeded duplicate backup.

What pg_basebackup command would i run to avoid created of 16450.tar ?

Another thing is that during pg_basebackup i get warning:
pg_basebackupWARNING:  could not read symbolic link
"pg_tblspc/mytablespacename": Invalid argument

Again based on my successful recovery i'm assuming this is not a major issue
but it is still a little disconcerting.

Thanks
Rob