Re: difference in query performance due to the inclusion of a polygon geometry field

От ivan marchesini
Тема Re: difference in query performance due to the inclusion of a polygon geometry field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

thanks for all your answers.

Concerning the problem of the same "running time" I'm really surprised
but I can confirm that the EXPLAIN ANALIZE time is different from the
query execution time.
probably it happen something like this:
http://bytes.com/topic/postgresql/answers/422841-explain-analyze-total-runtime-walltime
But we have tried to remove the fk constraints without any improvement

Concerning the client problem, e have tried to execute the query
directly on the server using psql.
The difference is still in the order of seconds: around 10 ms VS 5000 ms

many thanks...

other suggestions?

ivan and mauro

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
Perugia (Italy)
Socio fondatore GFOSS "Geospatial Free and Open Source Software" http://www.gfoss.it