Re: buildfarm animal shoveler failing with "Illegal instruction"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: buildfarm animal shoveler failing with "Illegal instruction"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-10-02 10:45:58 -0700, Mark Wong wrote:
>> I went ahead and stopped the jobs to run with clang 3.9.  This is also
>> the same system that was running clang 3.8 too.  I tried looking for EOL
>> dates, but had trouble finding anything...  But I can change the
>> optimization flag if we want it back.

> llvm officially only supports the last minor version, and only does one
> or two point releases for them. 3.9 and 3.8 are long past EOL.

I thought about asking Mark to re-enable it at -O1, but we have recent
experience reminding us that non-default optimization levels are likely
to be even buggier than the default [1].  So that's probably not a
productive answer.  We might as well just retire the animal.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1934344.1596305790@sss.pgh.pa.us