Re: or kills performance

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: or kills performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am using autovacuum, and I assumed it was working correctly. Is there a way to tell if it is not doing what it is
supposedto?
This is the result of ps for the autovacuum PID.
The docs say that it should automatically analyze.
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
10184 ?        Ss     0:32 /usr/bin/pg_autovacuum -D -v 1000 -V 2 -s 300 -S 2 -L
/var/lib/postgresql/data/pg_autovacuum.log

My log files show nothing other then an error because I renamed a (different) database and it received a fatal error
fora month, but that stopped last week (before I sent this message) when I rebooted the server There has been nothing
inthe log file since that.

This is running on gentoo and the pg_autovacuum is the default settings that starts automatically when the server
boots.
Is there a way to check when the last analyze was done? I don't want to run analyze now until I can check that to see
wherethe problem is coming from.

Thank you
Sim