Re: PostgresSQL 7.1.3 not parsing SELECT portion of SQL correctly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgresSQL 7.1.3 not parsing SELECT portion of SQL correctly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Mark Jeacocke" <mbj@ezytools.com> writes:
> select DISTINCT TABLEID, '' AS ALIAS from TABLE; :FAILS

We get this type of complaint regularly.  Perhaps DISTINCT should
resolve unknown-type inputs to "text", much as we do with CASE
and UNION constructs when we see an untyped literal.  Thoughts?

            regards, tom lane

PS: in the meantime, Mark, try casting the literal to text.