Re: Enabling Checksums

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Enabling Checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 09:44 +0100, Markus Wanner wrote:
> Can we simply write a progress indicator to pg_control or someplace
> saying that all pages up to X of relation Y are supposed to have valid
> checksums?

pg_control would not be the right place for that structure. It's
intended to be fixed-size (it's just a serialized C structure) and it
should be smaller than a sector so that it doesn't suffer from torn
pages.

Not a bad approach overall, but requires some kind of new structure. And
that increases the risk that it doesn't make 9.3.

Right now, I'm honestly just trying to get the simplest approach that
doesn't restrict these kinds of ideas if we want to do them later.

Regards,Jeff Davis