Re: Problem with extract function ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with extract function ?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Esteban Zimanyi <ezimanyi@ulb.ac.be> writes:
> NorthwindDW=# select current_date as today , extract(week from
> current_date) as weeknbyear;
> 2020-11-12 13:25:21.217 CET [20130] ERROR:  syntax error at or near
> "weeknbyear" at character 67

That works fine for me.  However, I can reproduce the syntax error
if I misspell "as":

# select current_date as today , extract(week from
current_date) ss weeknbyear;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weeknbyear"
LINE 2: current_date) ss weeknbyear;
                         ^

This leads me to suspect that you have some weird invisible character
(non-break space, zero-width space, etc) adjacent to "as".  Postgres
is not terribly forgiving of non-ASCII whitespace.