Re: BUG #16561: timestamp with time zone microseconds inconsistently recorded correctly and incorrectly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16561: timestamp with time zone microseconds inconsistently recorded correctly and incorrectly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Before release 10, it was possible for it to use floating point
> storage instead of integers; I wonder if that could be a factor here.

I wondered about that briefly as well.  It doesn't seem to fit the
facts though.

(1) integer timestamps have been the default since 8.4;

(2) if the OP were using float timestamps, he'd have to be working
with dates millions of years away from the epoch to lose any
substantial fraction of a second in precision.  2^53 seconds is
~285 million years if I've not miscounted.  Even dropping the last
microsecond digit won't happen for dates within a couple hundred
years of AD 2000.