Re: 8.2beta1 does not compile for me on Solaris 10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.2beta1 does not compile for me on Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Joseph S wrote:
>> checking test program... failed
>> configure: error:
>> *** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
>> *** related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
>> *** for the exact reason.

> I had similar issues, which is why I installed a private copy of readline.

This suggests that blastwave's version of readline needs some help, but
if you want to find out what went wrong you need to do more work than
"tail config.log".  The last several hundred lines of output in that
file will usually just be configure dumping all its internal variables
--- everything after the comment

## Cache variables. ##

is usually unhelpful in my experience.  You have to look at the output
from the failed test itself, just above that.