Re: Slower Performance on Postgres 9.1.6 vs 8.2.11

От robcron
Тема Re: Slower Performance on Postgres 9.1.6 vs 8.2.11
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Okay, so I took EXPLAIN ANALYZE off and made sure that timing is on "psql"
command \timing shows

Timing = on

Run the query several times..

9.1.6 runs this query an average of 354 ms
8.2.11 runs this query an average of 437 ms

So 9.1 IS FASTER

Why is EXPLAIN ANALYZE showing the reverse...of that...?

Evidently, since I fixed the database Collation ( set to a value of "C") it
has been faster but I got locked into looking at the EXPLAIN ANALYZE
results...

MMMM very curious.

Rob