Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?

От delongboy
Тема Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I brought down the master then the slave and upgraded both.  Then I did the
rsync and brought both up..  This worked.  However with the database being
very large it took quite a while.  It seemed rsync had to make a lot of
changes.. this surprised me.  I thought they would be almost identical.
But in the end it did work.  just took longer than I had hoped.
We will soon be tripling the size of our database as we move oracle data
in.. so this process may not be so feasible next time.