Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The Contrib Roundup (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I think this is out of the question both because these categories are fuzzy
>> and it would destroy the CVS history.

> Why would it destroy the history?  Its easy enough to move the files to a
> subdirectory without losing any history ... hell, we did it when we moved
> JDBC/ODBC out of core, the history was maintained ...

I don't think you can just move the files --- that will break future
builds of the back branches (unless you intend to make the rearrangement
retroactive).

I agree with Peter's point anyway: the main value of classifying these
things is for documentation, and just structuring the top-level README
that way would be sufficient.  Physically changing the hierarchy is just
much more work than it's worth.