Re: FW: [CYGWIN] 7.2b3 postmaster doesn't start on Win98

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FW: [CYGWIN] 7.2b3 postmaster doesn't start on Win98
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Horák Daniel <horak@sit.plzen-city.cz> writes:
>> When trying to start the postmaster on win98se with cygwin
>> I get told that the data directory must be 0700, but when I
>> try to chmod to
>> 700, it apparently succeds, but nothing permissions stay at
>> 755. I suspect
>> this to be because win98 has no real file protection (just a read only
>> attribute)

> It works on WinNT, Win2K, ... because full file security is implemented
> only in this systems. There could be a dirty hack that disables the
> check (for 0700 permissions on $DATADIR) in
> src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c. I don't  know if it is possible to
> do it during runtime for only Win9x systems.

Ugh...

Unless someone can think of a reasonable runtime check to distinguish
win98 from newer systems, I think we have little choice but to make the
data directory permissions check be #ifndef __CYGWIN__.  I don't like
this much, but (a) I don't want to hold up 7.2 while we look for better
ideas, and (b) no one should consider a Windoze box secure anyway ;-).

Comments?

Сообщение: Re: Call for platform testing
Сообщение: Re: Call for platform testing