Re: plpgsql.consistent_into

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plpgsql.consistent_into
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> writes:
> Do we actually support = right now? We already support
> v_field := field FROM table ... ;
> and I think it's a bad idea to have different meaning for = and :=.

That ship sailed a *very* long time ago.  See other thread about
documenting rather than ignoring this more-or-less-aboriginal
behavior of plpgsql.

> I have no idea if this is related or not, but I would REALLY like for this to work (doesn't in 8.4, AFAIK not in 9.1
either...)

Hm ... too tired to be sure, but I think the issue about inlining a
function of this kind has to do with whether you get the same answers
in corner cases such as subselect fetching no rows.