Re: Various serverlog messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Various serverlog messages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
CSN <cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com> writes:
> Yes, pg_dump and pg_dumpall appear to work fine. The
> output for all of the dbs (except one) for the select
> above is:
> [ normal looking ]
> Here's the exception:

>  16656 | pg_toast_16384_index |           99 |       0
> |        1 |   403 |  3682590432 |        1 |
> 0 |             0 |             0 | f           | f
>        | i       |        2 |         0 |           0
> |        0 |        0 |       0 | f          | f
>    | f           | f              |
> (1 row)

Sure enough, the relfilenode column (which determines the actual on-disk
filename) is clobbered.  Weird as can be ... could you have suffered a
hardware glitch affecting just that one word?  Doesn't seem real likely
--- the glitches I've seen in the past tend to take out more than a word
at a time.  But it's not easy to credit as a software error either.

You could fix this database with a quick UPDATE command to set
relfilenode back to what it should be in this pg_class row.  However,
it'd be wise to wonder what other issues might be lurking.  If I were
you I'd do a pg_dumpall/initdb/reload cycle, and also spend some time on
hardware testing (if you're on Intel hardware, memtest86 has a good
reputation for finding RAM problems, and people have successfully found
disk problems with badblocks).