Re: server status window - query is not clearing one SQL is finished (change in behaviour)

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: server status window - query is not clearing one SQL is finished (change in behaviour)
Список pgadmin-support
On Sun, 2012-09-16 at 07:26 -0600, Doug Easterbrook wrote:
> just to add to this change in behaviour
>
> if I use pgadmin 1.16 against a 9.1.5 database, the current_query goes blank when the query finished.   So the
behaviourclearly changes when it is pgadmin against a 9.2 database.

> just to make sure, I had a look at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/release-9-2.html and there is a little
commentin the release notes

> E.1.2.6. Monitoring
>

> Rename pg_stat_activity.current_query to query because it is not cleared when the query completes (Magnus Hagander)
>

> which implies the change in behaviour is clearly the result of a change in postgres 9.2 and not due to a change in
pgAdmin.

True.

> however, I would like to ask that you consider implementing the case statement in pgAdmin to clear the query if there
isnothing running.  its so handy when programming to see something finish and clear.

Won't happen though. When the query is finished, the state is set to
idle, which is enough to know that the query is done. BTW, I don't want
to change this because it's really to know which was the last executed
query (especially in a "idle in transaction" state, but not only in this
case).

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: RFE: Alises in WHERE clauses
От: "Daniel Serodio (lists)"
Сообщение: Re: RFE: Alises in WHERE clauses