Re: Create language PLPERL error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Create language PLPERL error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Shakil Shaikh" <sshaikh@hotmail.com> writes:
> Running Postgres 8.4 on Ubuntu 9.04, installed via the clickonce installer.
> I'm getting a curious error when trying to create/add support for plperl to
> any database:

> ERROR:  could not load library
> "/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib/postgresql/plperl.so":
> /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib/postgresql/plperl.so: undefined symbol:
> Perl_Tcurpad_ptr

You've apparently got a version of libperl.so that is not compatible
with the one that your Postgres was built against.  There are lots of
compile-time options for Perl that affect this, so it's not exactly
a surprising situation.  The easiest fix is to be sure you get your
postgres and perl packages from the same place.  Alternatively, if
you really want to use a specific version of perl, recompile Postgres
from source against that perl.

> I previously got a libperl.so not found error which I thought I alleviated
> by installing dev-perl via Synaptic.

Adding yet other versions of perl into the mix is definitely not the
way to get out of this kind of trouble ;-)