Re: Information for added functionalities

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Information for added functionalities
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 18:57 +0200, Vladimir Kokovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1.
> ---
> ADDED NEW FUNCTIONALITY FOR SCHEMA:
>
> Right click on schema node provides three new functionalities
>   - Copy tables
>   - Copy table(s) from the list
>   - Paste table(s)
>
> "Copy tables" provides copying all tables from the schema.
>  "Paste table(s)" on target schema will create new table(s) in target schema.
>
> New table(s) in target schema can be created with the same or new name(s).
> If name of source table exists in target schema then dialog for table
> name change will pop up and suffix for name should be added.
>
> Copy table(s) from the list provides copying selected table(s) from
> one or more schema on same or different server(even not connected -
> connection will be done automatically).
>
> ADDED NEW FUNCTIONALITY FOR TABLES
>
> Right click on table node provides three new functionalities
>  - Copy table
>  - Copy table with optional select clause
>  - Copy table(s) from the list
>
> "Copy table" provides copying of one table.
>
> With "Copy table with optional select clause" provides copying table
> with filter option
> if only some data from the table should be included in new table.
>
> "Copy table(s) from the list" has the same functionality as the "Copy
> table(s) from the list"
> in schema.
>
> Paste table(s) has to be done on target schema.
>
> With Copy-Paste functions all table characteristics will be copied,
> that includes table definitions, constraints and data.
>

> 2.
> ---
> Execute arbitrary SQL queries
>
> Added multiple SQL commands(separated by ;) result set support.
> Unlike the original SQL execute, this execute can display every SQL
> command result set separately.
>

> 3.
> ---
> new method sysSettings::Flush
>
> With this method every server setting goes immediately in persistent storage.
> At this moment it goes in persistent storage only when pgAdmin is
> normally finished.
> For other settings every third request will immediately put settings
> in persistent storage.
>
> 4.
> ---
> Complete scan.l (lexical scanner for PostgreSQL git HEAD) is added to
> pgAdmin source tree.
> This is required for 1. and 2. and provides all SQL scan functions in
> pgAdmin without restrictions.
>

> Since patch tar.gz size is about 260 KB, this (last version ) was sent
> to guillaume@lelarge.info only on Aug.25, 2012.
>

> So far there was no feedback on this patch and I would like to inform
> pgadmin-hackers about this new functionalities which is at this moment
> used only on private basis.

Sorry for not answering. I tried many of your previous versions of the
patch (before summer, IIRC), and had some issues with them. In the
following months, I didn't had the time to test again, and read, and
answer. I still don't have the time.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info