Re: BUG #7514: postgres -k no longer works with spaces in the path

От Murray Cumming
Тема Re: BUG #7514: postgres -k no longer works with spaces in the path
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 20:22 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> To be honest, I don't have much interest in, or understanding of, this
> -k option anyway. I just use it because, when starting my temporary
> postgresql instance, it otherwise defaults to /var/run/postgresql/ (at
> least in this distro build) which is not available to normal users. I
> currently just specify the same directory that the postgresql data is
> in. Maybe I should just use /tmp instead.

Or would that be a security hole, allowing other users to access the
database server on multiuser systems?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@murrayc.com

От: Gezeala M. Bacuño II
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7521: Cannot disable WAL log while using pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7521: Cannot disable WAL log while using pg_dump