Re: panic on 7.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: panic on 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rick Gigger <rick@alpinenetworking.com> writes:
> I don't know if 2K could have passed since the last checkpoint.
> now that I think about it I was getting about 400 pages requests /
> minute and each of those would have have been doing at least 2
> transactions so yes, I guess that is very likely.

Good, 'cause if you didn't have a couple thousand transactions between
checkpoints then we need another theory ;-)

>> You realize of course that that's pretty old ...

> Yes.  I will be upgrading immediately.

You'll want to include this patch:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-01/msg00289.php
(or see adjacent messages if you plan to move to something newer than
7.3.*).  We probably will not put out another set of releases until
next month, unless something really big comes along.  This one doesn't
qualify as really big IMHO, because it's not a PANIC-grade failure in
the later branches.  But having been burnt once, I'm sure you'll want
a patched copy ...