Re: FATAL: bogus data in lock file "postmaster.pid": ""

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: FATAL: bogus data in lock file "postmaster.pid": ""
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of mar ago 28 22:21:27 -0400 2012:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 04:25:36PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> > > Updated patch attached which just reports the file as empty.  I assume
> > > we don't want the extra text output for pg_ctl like we do for the
> > > backend.
> >
> > The backend side of this looks mostly sane to me (but drop the \n,
> > messages are not supposed to contain those).  But the feof test proposed
>
> Removed.

It's a pretty strange line wrap you got in this version of the patch.
Normally we just let the string run past the 78 char limit, without
cutting it in any way.  And moving the start of the string to the line
following "errhint(" looks very odd to me.