Re: Problem with starting PostgreSQL server 7.4.19

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with starting PostgreSQL server 7.4.19
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Kakoli Sen" <kakolis@cdacb.ernet.in> writes:
> Actually, I tried stopping server by 'kill `cat
> /opt/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid`. This did not work. So I used kill -9 on Red
> Hat 4.

Define "did not work" ... what happened exactly?

I do not know of any prepackaged Postgres distribution for Red Hat that
would put the data directory under /opt.  Did you build from source?
If you used a prepackaged build then I'm thinking that you did not find
every place that needed to be changed to move the data directory.

I'm also kind of wondering why you are using either PG 7.4 or RH 4
for a new experimental setup.  Both of those versions can see their
EOL dates coming round the corner.