Re: HeapTupleHeaderAdvanceLatestRemovedXid doing the wrong thing with multixacts

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: HeapTupleHeaderAdvanceLatestRemovedXid doing the wrong thing with multixacts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of jue ago 16 11:24:55 -0400 2012:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 08:38:18PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
verifyingwhether it is a multixact or not.  Since they advance separately, this could lead to bogus answers.  This
probablyneeds to be fixed.  I didn't look into past releases to see if there's a live released bug here or not.

> > > If it's failing to even check XMAX_INVALID, surely it's completely
> > > broken?  Perhaps it assumes its caller has checked all this?
> >
> > HeapTupleHeaderAdvanceLatestRemovedXid() is only ever called when
> > HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum() returns HEAPTUPLE_DEAD, which only happens
> > when HEAP_XMAX_IS_MULTI is not set.
> >
> > I'll add an assert to check this and a comment to explain.
>
> Was this completed?

As far as I recall, there are changes related to this in my fklocks
patch.  I am hoping to have some review happen on it during the upcoming
commitfest (which presumably means I need to do a merge to newer
sources.)