Re: WIP patch for consolidating misplaced-aggregate checks

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: WIP patch for consolidating misplaced-aggregate checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 11:30 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> And so on (there are several more).  Note that here we use "check
> constraint" without any capitalization.  However this doesn't
> translate
> too well as is; I mean, if I were to translate "check" into its
> equivalent spanish word, I'm sure to cause a great deal of confusion.
> So I've opted for putting the check word, verbatim, in quotes; for
> example:
>
> msgid "check constraint \"%s\" already exists"
>
> However this is also a bit ugly because I now have two sets of quoted
> words -- check itself and then the constraint name.

I can't really advise you with the language issue, but I think just
writing check without quotes would be fine here.  I also find it useful
on occasion to consult existing (non-PostgreSQL, non-MySQL) books about
databases in the respective language for typical translations.