Re:

От Tom Lane
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jhihn1 <jhihn1@umbc.edu> writes:
> Another problem, and this is a big one, is I can't shutdown my master
> postmaster here. I have queries running all the time on multiple databases on
> 1 postmaster. I can make sure that nothing is running in the database that is
> being updated, but I can't lock people out of the 600-some other databases
> under this postmaster. No way, uh-uh, never going to happen!

<blink>  You're expecting to rsync just one database out of an
installation?  Not a chance.  The WAL and clog files must be replicated
too, and those are shared across the whole installation.  And the
guaranteed-no-update condition must hold across the whole installation,
too.

Forget rsync; there is no way on earth that you have a prayer of making
that work.  Go look at the various existing replication projects (see
the link someone already provided).  One of them might suit your needs.