Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Tune GetSnapshotData() during Hot Standby by avoiding loop

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Tune GetSnapshotData() during Hot Standby by avoiding loop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> It doesn't seem to be something we should place highly on the list of
>> events we need protection from, does it?

> Since when do we not protect against race-conditions just because
> they're low likelihood?

Murphy's law says that the probability of any race condition happening
in the field is orders of magnitude higher than you think.  This has
been proven true many times ...

Сообщение: Re: shared_buffers documentation
Сообщение: Re: shared_buffers documentation