Re: [BUGS] BUG #14459: Error from query with too many binds has no message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14459: Error from query with too many binds has no message
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
sean@seantheprogrammer.com writes:
> If a query is performed with more than 34464 bind parameters, the query will
> fail. This is fine, but attempting to get the error message with
> `PQresultErrorField` and `PG_DIAG_MESSAGE_PRIMARY` will return `NULL`. The
> documentation states that the `PG_DIAG_MESSAGE_PRIMARY` field is always
> present.

Hm --- it is, or should be, always present in errors returned by the
backend.  I suspect this failure is occurring on the client side; libpq
does not produce broken-down fields in its error reports at the moment.
The weird limit suggests that the underlying problem is out-of-memory
while marshaling the query.