Re: Fixing backslash dot for COPY FROM...CSV

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fixing backslash dot for COPY FROM...CSV
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> So this means that the patch introduces a rather serious cross-version
> compatibility problem.  I doubt we can consider inlined CSV data to be
> a niche case that few people use; but it will fail every time if your
> psql is older than your server.

On third thought, that may not be as bad as I was thinking.
We don't blink at the idea that an older psql's \d commands may
malfunction with a newer server, and I think most users have
internalized the idea that they want psql >= server.  If the
patch created an incompatibility with that direction, it'd be
a problem, but I don't think it does.