postgres maintenance db

От hartrc
Тема postgres maintenance db
Дата
Re: postgres maintenance db  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
Re: postgres maintenance db  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm using postgres 9.1.4 on Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.
After successful installation I by default have one database installed
called postgres.

I'm starting the process of migrating some database schemas off Oracle and
mysql onto postgres but I want to understand how to best set up the
"databases".

What is the purpose of the postgres database? I try and drop it and get
"maintenance database can't be dropped" error.

Should I create a separate database that has all my application schemas in
it and let the postgres database be stand-alone, or should I put my
application schemas inside the postgres database?
I didn't really want my database to be called postgres, can it be renamed?

Thank you
Rob