Re: Unhelpful debug tools on OS X :-(

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unhelpful debug tools on OS X :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> But I did notice that we're not fsyncing the newly written relation like
> we should.

Good point, but doesn't the analogy to copy_relation_data say that we
should sync if not rd_istemp?  (This is my fault BTW; your original
patch kept the data in shared buffers, so it wasn't subject to the
problem.)

> BTW: In tablecmds.c the new relation is fsynced with smgrimmedsync, not
> heap_sync.

That's okay since that routine is just copying the one table.  TOAST is
handled via recursion of ATExecSetTableSpace.

Сообщение: Re: Unhelpful debug tools on OS X :-(
Сообщение: Re: Unhelpful debug tools on OS X :-(