Re: Using pg_upgrade on log-shipping standby servers

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Using pg_upgrade on log-shipping standby servers
Дата
Re: Using pg_upgrade on log-shipping standby servers  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 11:50 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I don't think we can assume that because pg_upgrade was run on the
> master and standby that they are binary identical, can we?  Technically
> the user file are identical, but the system catalogs and WAL might be
> different, hence my suggestion to run rsync before allowing the standby
> to rejoin the primary.

Do you have plans to change that in the future?

If we know that the user data files are identical between primary and
replica, it would be nice if we could provide a robust way to avoid
copying them.

Regards,Jeff Davis