Re: More information about the selected objects

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: More information about the selected objects
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 18:57 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> On Saturday, July 14, 2012, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>         On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 11:28 -0300, Vinicius Santos wrote:
>         >
>         >         Not sure I like the point either. We don't have that
>         notation
>         >         on
>         >         PostgreSQL. I think I would prefer something like
>         "Retrieving
>         >         details on
>         >         table schema.table" and not say the database.
>         Because if you
>         >         add the
>         >         database, someone will probably want also the
>         server. It may
>         >         not be
>         >         usefull to you, but it'll come at some point. And
>         that's quite
>         >         a lot of
>         >         informations.
>         >
>         > I agree.
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >         Probably we could add some status boxes in the
>         status bar. For
>         >         exemple,
>         >         a box with a "user@database (server)" (with a lock
>         icon if you
>         >         use SSL
>         >         for example. Just a thought.
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > I liked the idea!
>         >
>         > We could add status boxes in front of the information
>         "Retrieving
>         > details ...".
>         >
>         > For example, suppose that is the status bar:
>         >
>         > With 3 status boxes:
>         >
>         > || "Retrieving details on schema.table" || user@database ||
>         server ||
>         >
>         > or with 2 status boxes:
>         >
>         > || "Retrieving details on schema.table" || user@database
>         ( server )
>         > ||
>         >
>         >

>         I think I like the second one better, but this is just my
>         opinion.
>

> Aside from it being a needless amount of information to clutter the
> display with, I can pretty much guarantee you won't be able to figure
> out a clean way of sizing the panels to accomodate all that data
> without truncating one or more of them for some selected objects.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm not suggesting to add a panel.
I'm suggesting to add another box in the status bar (wxStatusBar
object). It won't take any more space than before.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Сообщение: Re: More information about the selected objects
Сообщение: Re: More information about the selected objects