Re: Portability report: ninja

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Portability report: ninja
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2021-11-01 15:25:08 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Fortunately for my
>> purposes here, it seems to work with fairly old Python --- I built
>> successfully with python 2.6.2, though not with 2.4.1.

> meson will need a newer python though...

Yup.  I was just trying to establish what the lower bound was for
ninja, since they (ahem) don't document it.

The meson docs say it needs Python >= 3.6, which I think is going
to be an issue, but I've not researched it yet.  What I was mainly
curious about today was whether anything using ninja as the backend
could meet our portability goals.  My mind's more or less at ease
on that, but I am afraid that requiring 3.6 is going to be a problem
on LTS distributions.  That's a topic for another thread though.