Re: Call for platform testing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Call for platform testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Luis Amigo <lamigo@atc.unican.es> writes:
> uname -m returns IP25 what is SGI platform, it's about cache sizes and
> internal net issues, I'm not sure that would work, I think it's more
> reliable to do:
> congrio 39% hinv -t cpu
> congrio 40% hinv -t fpu

I'm not eager to add such a platform-dependent test to the resultmap
code, especially not when the issue is just the geometry results; we
already know that the long-term answer there must be to display fewer
digits in the test output.  Also, we don't know what this program will
report for older MIPS boxes anyway.  (Pete Forman hasn't responded to my
ping, so I'm inclined to assume that he's not actively tracking Postgres
development anymore; we can't expect help from him to check it on the
older boxes.)

I'd be willing to just commit the newer-hardware IRIX results as
geometry-irix for 7.2.  Somebody's got to put up with a discrepancy,
and it may as well be the older boxes.

Comments?