Re: libpq URI and regression testing

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: libpq URI and regression testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Alex's message of jue abr 19 17:06:05 -0300 2012:

> > On tor, 2012-04-19 at 00:13 +0300, Alex wrote:
> >> +#!/usr/bin/env perl
> >
> > Don't do that.  Call the script using $(PERL) from the makefile.
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.  Attached v2 does just this (while keeping
> a more commonly found shebang line in the perl script for running it w/o
> the makefile.)

I've applied this to 9.3.  Andrew, can we have the non-MSVC buildfarm
members running on the master branch also run "make installcheck" in
src/interfaces/libpq?  If there are platform dependencies here, it would
be good to know what they are; if we don't have the tests run
automatically we will never know.

We'll need to figure out some way for MSVC animals to run the tests as
well.  Any takers?

I think this is necessary, because otherwise it is quite clear that the
tests are going to be kept failing forever.  They were already failing
because of message style changes that didn't update the expected output.

(I am unsure about pushing the sh to perl test harness conversion in
9.2.  If anybody thinks it should be done, please discuss.)