Re: embedded list v2

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: embedded list v2
Дата
Re: embedded list v2  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Andres Freund's message of jue jun 28 14:20:59 -0400 2012:

> Looks good now?

The one thing I dislike about this code is the names you've chosen.  I
mean, ilist_s_stuff and ilist_d_stuff.  I mean, why not just Slist_foo
and Dlist_bar, say?  As far as I can tell, you've chosen the "i" prefix
because it's "integrated" or "inline", but this seems to me a rather
irrelevant implementation detail that's of little use to the callers.

Also, I don't find so great an idea to have everything in a single file.
Is there anything wrong with separating singly and doubly linked lists
each to its own file?  Other than you not liking it, I mean.  As a
person who spends some time trying to untangle header dependencies, I
would appreciate keeping stuff as lean as possible.  However, since
nobody else seems to have commented on this, maybe it's just me.