Re: 64-bit pgbench V2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 64-bit pgbench V2
Дата
Re: 64-bit pgbench V2  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> The main tricky part was figuring how to convert the \setshell
> implementation.  That uses strtol to parse the number that should have
> been returned by the shell call.  It turns out there are a stack of ways
> to do something similar but return 64 bits instead:

Please choose a way that doesn't introduce new portability assumptions.
The backend gets along fine without strtoll, and I don't see why pgbench
should have to require it.

(BTW, I don't actually believe that the proposed code works at all,
since in general strtoll or other variants aren't going to be macros,
but plain functions.)