Re: BUG #4344: initdb -L timezone directory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4344: initdb -L timezone directory
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Domingo Alvarez Duarte" <mingodad@gmail.com> writes:
> I expected initdb to use "-L" value to timezone too and for all other files
> that is expected to be on share directory.

-L only affects where initdb looks for its own input files; it has
nothing to do with where the backend looks for the PGSHAREDIR files.

I rather wonder whether -L has any reason to live at all.  initdb's
default is to locate PGSHAREDIR relative to where it finds the backend
executable, which is consistent with what the backend itself is going
to do.  Is there any scenario where specifying a different location
wouldn't be broken?