Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have cleaned up the patch from yesterday slightly, too. I'm wondering
> how far back we should backpatch all this. This API was actually
> documented in Perl (just) before 7.4 was released, so in theory the API
> adjustment should go all the way back. However, in practice it hasn't
> been a problem until now, and we aren't supporting Windows releases
> before 8.2, so I think 8.2 is probably the right spot.

My inclination is "backpatch all the way".  Now that we know the problem
is we are failing to adhere to Perl's published API, I bet we could find
some other problems it causes, if we poked into the right nooks and
crannies.  And not just on Windows.