Re: --enable-depend by default (was Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: --enable-depend by default (was Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> Alternately the buildfarm could be changed to retain earlier builds and use
> dependencies to reduce build times. This would have the benefit of
> detecting dependency failures. At the expense of a lot more noise, at least
> until we Orrin out whatever dependency failures are there now.

The buildfarm already made its choice in this area, and that's ccache.
Layering --enable-depend on top of builds that are using ccache is
simply a waste.

(Admittedly, ccache is gcc-specific, but TTBOTMK so is --enable-depend.)

Сообщение: Re: --enable-depend by default (was Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex)
Сообщение: Re: --enable-depend by default (was Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex)